Under the Trade Agreements Act (TAA), GSA Schedule contractors are required to provide items that are "wholly produced or manufactured" in the United States or a Designated Country, or that were "substantially transformed" into a new and different article of commerce in the United States or a Designated Country. Unfortunately, a Reseller does not control the manufacturing process and can be misled by ambiguous origin representations. The "substantially transformed" analysis is getting more difficult, and contractors can be liable if a product sold is not compliant with the TAA. This webinar will help explain the TAA, identify common issues, and offer best practices for compliance. We'll discuss:
- What is the US Trade Agreements Act (TAA) and why is it important?
- What is a TAA Designated Country and what is not?
- Differences between the TAA and the BAA (Buy American Act)
- Determining Country of Origin (COO) and "substantial transformation"
- Who has authority? U.S. Customs & Border Protection and CROSS Rulings
- Inventory Self-Audits and Manufacturer updates
- GSA Schedule Letter of Supply, the Price Proposal Template, and your Supplier Agreements
- TAA compliance for Services? Yes!
- The risks of non-compliance and the False Claims Act
Recommended attendees for this webinar include contract managers, product managers, supplier and channel managers, general counsel and legal representatives, and government sales managers.
This webinar has been previously recorded and is available for on-demand viewing. Simply fill out the form on this page to gain access to the recording.
Winvale is a government contracts consultancy and leading advisor on the GSA Schedule program. Headquartered in the Washington D.C. area since 2003, Winvale provides expertise to companies seeking to conduct business with federal, state and local governments. Winvale also offers channel distribution services designed to help companies reach government buyers quickly by allowing them to place their products and services on its existing contract vehicles. Winvale’s client portfolio includes many small emerging firms as well as Fortune 500 and international companies.